The Point System For Michigan Drivers
There is no quicker way to separate you from your savings than a traffic conviction resulting in the major assessment of points. Court costs, Driver Responsibility Fees, and Increased insurance premiums can all conspire to remove thousands of dollars from your pocket book. Listed below are the points Michigan assesses for some traffic convictions:
- Manslaughter, negligent homicide, or other felony involving use of a motor vehicle.
- Operating while intoxicated or operating with any presence of a Schedule 1 drug or cocaine.
- Failing to stop and give identification at the scene of a crash.
- Reckless driving.
- Refusal to take a chemical test.
- Fleeing or eluding a police officer.
- Failure to yield causing death or injury of emergency responder, construction worker or person operating implements of animal husbandry.
- Drag racing.
- Impaired driving.
- Under age 21 with any bodily alcohol content.
- 16 mph or more over the legal speed limit.
- Failure to yield/show due caution for emergency vehicles.
If you are looking any of these violations contact our office without delay!